Super cool assets.. Waiting for your new game assets. You will be the first to know if I make a game out of your assets. BTW want to check on how the Unity version is going.
Graveyard Blast - 2D Game Sprites Asset Pack
A downloadable asset pack
This is a lovingly crafted 2D sprite pack with hand drawn, frame by frame animations. Inspiration for the theme and style come from The Behemoth's 'Castle Crashers' hit game as well as output from Edmund McMillen.
As well as an artist & animator, I am also a developer; therefore I have made an attempt to pack everything together for ultimate ease of utility. The file structure and asset organization have been put together with the programmer in mind, and it's a simple case of just dropping in the sequentially numbered images and you will have your animation ready to go!
There is a lot to list that is contained within this pack! It features the following assets to allow you to construct a complete graveyard shooter and arena:
- Night Watchman player charcater (idle, dig, dig fail, dig item find, player avade backwards, player evade forwards, melee 1, melee 2, melee 3 (all flow seamlessly into a complete combo), run backwards, run forwards
- Baton Melee Weapon, bullet graphic and impact animation.
- Pistol, Rifle, Uzi, Shotgun: All weapons have 6 skins (Stock, Arctic Camo, Chrome, Desert Camo, Gold Plate, Jungle Camo)
- Demon Knight (idle, walk, attack anticipation, attack + giblet particles)
- Vampy (idle, run, dash initiation, dash loop, attack combo1, attack combo2, bit attack initiation, bite attack loop (2 versions with and without player) + giblet particles)
- Vudu (idle, run, attack melee, ranged attack initiation, ranged attack, (and orb projectile), shock attack initiation, shock attack loop & revert to idle)
- Zomby (spawn, idle, walk, attack + giblet particles)
- Frame by Frame goo explosion animation (red and green variants)
Possibly a few too many to list here, but here are some key items:
- 6 gravestone types, each with 5 - 7 frames of condition to allow for gradual destruction and 3 types of particles associated to them (themselves with 5 - 6 variants to allow for randomization and variety)
- Additional terrain such as mushrooms that contain a squashed state when stepped on, seamles pathway tiles, statues, destructible bushes with leaf particles, mud piles with mud particles, a frame-by-frame fly animation to add motion and grit to the environment, a hanging tree with separate noose (for coded animation), bone piles with bone particles, a crate with multiple levels of destruction and an alert animation, treasure plots, seamless base grass tile, an underground ladder, fences, a main gate and perimeter bushes (with grass particles)
-3 mausoleum buildings (type 1 has a thin / wide variant), a shed (for your imaginary cemetary keeper!), a crumbling wall and a large poppy plot with decorative wall
- 3 different sarcophagi with particles to use on impact
- Decorative loading progress bar with detachable background plate
Here are a few key features of the pack itself
- Shadows have been separated to allow for Nuclear Throne style viewpoint or a side-on platformer perspective
- All assets have been exported in ultra high resolution to allow for 4k development
- I have included a handy little usage guide in the form of a .pdf to help get you going if you're new to using sprites and assets
- I have included a .yyp file for anyone using GameMaker Studio 2; this will allow you to just import the sprites directly into your project. All assets inside the GMS2 file have been organized meticulously (and alphabetically!). I have also set the playback speed of all animations to how they were intended when I animated them, so unless you want to change them that has already been done for you. In the Usage Guide.pdf I also detail how to size the 4K sprites correctly and easily :)
If you have any questions please contact me at Chaz [at] MadeByChaz [dot] com or message me through Discord: a link to my server is on my website here!
These assets may be used to for use in your game, including commercial sale, but must NOT be repackaged, resold, or redestributed.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: